If you are tech-savvy then you know how important a software update on technical devices is. The same is with the Comfast WiFi range extender. It is vital to keep its firmware updated always to get the best output from it. But if you are failing to update its firmware then it is troublesome. Sooner or later the device will start behaving abnormally. You don’t want that to happen. Don’t worry! We are going to help you out. By the time you are finished reading this article, you will be confident enough that you will access the Comfast login page and do the firmware update easily. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Fixing Comfast Extender Firmware Update Failed Issue
Step1: Reboot the Extender
First of all, reboot your Comfast wireless range extender to get rid of some stubborn technical glitches that are the prominent reason why the firmware update is not happening. Simply power off the extender and power it up after some time. Do not anyways forget to remove the power plug while powering it off. Rebooting also gives your device a new start.
Step 2: Ensure Stable Power Supply
After you are done with rebooting the Comfast WiFi extender, check the power supply to it. Do so by checking the power cable and the socket used to supply power to it. Both should be damage-free and the cable should be plugged in properly. Troubled by power outages? Use a UPS.
Step 3: Check the Internet Connection
In the next step, we want you to check the internet connection. You need a reliable internet connection throughout the firmware update process. A poor Internet connection will never let you update your extender. Check the ethernet cable that you have used to connect the extender to the router. It should be intact in its place and should be free of cuts.
Step 4: Download the Correct Firmware File
While you are updating the firmware on your Comfast WiFi range extender manually, you need to download the firmware file on your PC first. Make sure you download the correct firmware file on your PC. You will fail if you are trying to upload the wrong file on the device.
Step 5: Follow the Exact Steps
After you have followed steps 1-5, we want you to try updating the firmware on your Comfast wireless range extender. But there are a few points that you still need to consider:
- Update the web browser that you are going to use to update the firmware.
- Delete cache, cookies, and browsing history from the browser.
- Make sure you are using the correct web address or default IP address to access the Comfast extender login page. There ought to be zero typing errors.
- Type the login password with no errors. Check the Caps Lock key before you enter the password.
- Refer to the user manual to know the exact steps to update firmware on your Comfast range extender.
- Do not try to do any background activity while the firmware file is getting installed on the extender. Or, simply do not interrupt the process by any means. Because if you do, there are chances of corrupting the firmware on your device.
We are sure you will be successful in updating the firmware on your Comfast WiFi range extender right after using the steps mentioned above. However, if you have already made a blunder and corrupted the firmware on your Comfast extender previously somehow, then reset your extender first. After that do the Comfast WiFi extender setup again from scratch and then try updating the firmware. You will not fail this time for sure.